You know what is really great about having you own blog that maybe 6 people read? The flexibility of it. Deadlines? What are those? Demand? Say what? I don't have to keep up with any of these, which makes writing a blog like a beautiful walk in the park. But without the pressure I feel as if I am not making the most of what I am doing. It could be that I am just not interesting enough to have something to say all the time, but I think it may be because I have split my focus. Let's recap how I spend my time to see if I could use it (proactively?) to write more (genius? horrendous?) posts.
1) I watch approx. 3 hours of tv a day, but I watch the majority of it at night (when my roommates are sleeping, so I can't, like, practise drums!) and I watch it on computer (sans commercials) so I am actually saving time.
2) I get a good 8 1/2 to 12 hours of sleep per night. Now this might be a little above average but I write this off as needing as much time to re cooperate from living my life.
3) I take 30 min showers and take at least one hour to get ready. God made me the way I am but I feel like I have to make the most of what I have to work with.
4) I take frequent and urgent cat naps. Again the more time spent unconscious, the less time there is for me to get into trouble (ie. the road collapsing under my car, awkward social situations)
5) Facebook= 8 hours daily (approx)
6) Work* - 4-6 hours daily
7) I check my e-mail probably a hundred times in a day, and probably at least 6 times every hour. I think I must be expecting a prize or something, but it probably takes up a least an hour a day, and more if I actually receive any e-mail.
8) I stare off into nothing-ness/ daydream about 40% of my waking hours, but this is mostly coupled with doing other things like numbers 1, 3, 5, 6, 7.
9) Research (aka Wikipedia) I spend probably 20 minutes to 6 hours on Wikipedia everyday learning useless facts about (the majority) dead celebrities, celebrities, first time authors, or politicians. But this can easily careen in to the vastness of mundane and silly topics such as word definitions, or history.
10) Conversing with other lifeforms. I would say people if it was not just the other day that I told a pigeon to have a nice day and told my mom to say hi to my cat for me. This takes up a good hour to 10 1/2 hours of my day.
So really, when you add up all the time I need a 46 1/2 hour day** to get done the basics of my life. I would need probably 47 hours to write a decent blog post, and just don't know where to find the time!
* this pretty much means Facebook
** I don't have a head for numbers, figures might be miscalculated